The SECuRE and Trustworthy computing Lab (SECRETLab) at CIS Dept., UAB, is dedicated towards cutting-edge research on computer security and digital forensics. Established by Dr. Ragib Hasan, Assistant Professor, CIS, UAB, the SECRETLab currently explores research projects focused on efficient and practical security. Current projects at the SECRETLab include
- Cloud security and privacy
- Innovative mobile malware defenses
- Secure data and location provenance
- Big Data
- Digital data waste
- 2 posters on P2PSIP and Mobile Malware have been accepted in IEEE Symposium on Security & Privacy, 2013.
- Mainul Mizan, Md Lutfor Rahman, Rasib Khan, Munirul Haque, and Ragib Hasan "Accountable Proof of Ownership for Data using Timing Element in Cloud Services", To appear at the International Symposium on Cloud Computing and Services for High Performance Computing Systems (InterCloud-HPC 2013).
- Thamar Solorio, Ragib Hasan, and Mainul Mizan "A Case Study of Sockpuppet Detection in Wikipedia", To appear at the NAACL/HLT Workshop on Language Analysis in Social Media (LASM 2013).
-Dr. Ragib Hasan has won a 2013 Google RISE Award for his Bengali language e-learning project Shikkhok.com - one of only 30 awards given worldwide from over 800 proposals.
- Dr. Hasan received a $583,000 grant from U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to build a system for verifying the location history and chronological track of mobile devices.
- 2 papers on Mobile Malware and Cloud Forensics have been accepted as full paper in the 8th ACM Symposium on Information, Computer and Communications Security (ASIACCS), 2013.
- Shams Zawoad and Ragib Hasan, "Towards Building Proofs of Past Data Possession in Cloud Forensics", to appear at ASE International Conference on Cyber Security, 2012.
- Shams Zawoad and Ragib Hasan, "The Enemy Within: The Emerging Threats to Healthcare from Malicious Mobile Devices", to appear at MobiHealth 2012.